Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Yosemite National Park

This is the first place I went when I arrived in the US. It is one of the most beautiful places I've been in California with it's mountains, trees, rivers, lakes and wildlife. I only went for a day but really want to go back and camp for at least a weekend.

The hike I went on was to Vernal Fall. Since it was summer the waterfulls weren't really that spectacular but it was still a really beautiful hike, and you can see the famous Yosemite Half Dome in the distance along the way.

At the bottom of Vernal Fall there's a pretty deep pool so me and my friends went swimming. I've never swam in water so cold in my life! So just to warn anyone who decides to take a dip! We also tried jumping off a rock into the water, that was a lot of fun. It wasn't too high, maybe about 2 metres, a good way to have some fun inbetween hiking.
I didn't see any bears this time, just a lot of squirrels, they're everywhere in California. One of my friends did see a mountain cat though! I suppose if you were to go on the longer hikes where there aren't so many people about there'd be more animals.

No comments: